San Antonio Truck Accident Attorneys
Accidents involving tractor trailers or 18 wheelers often result in life-changing injuries or death to the drivers and passengers of smaller vehicles. If you or someone you care about has been injured in an 18 wheeler accident, it is essential to work with a San Antonio truck injury lawyer who is experienced in 18 wheeler accidents and collisions.
Gireud Hobbs PLLC can help you hold negligent truck drivers and/or their employer accountable for the injuries and deaths they cause.
What Our Truck Accident Attorneys Do
We will be right there with you throughout the entire process. One of the key elements to any successful truck accident lawsuit is a quick and thorough accident investigation. While not all law enforcement officers have the proper training to fully investigate an 18 wheeler accident, our team of experienced trial lawyers, along with the experts we hire, can help. Gathering evidence and recording testimony as soon as possible is crucial to preserving evidence in a complicated trucking case. Witness interviews and depositions must be conducted.
We will provide the help, experience and resources you need to be able to prove your claim in court. If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, call as soon as possible to get started.
Contributing Factors For 18 Wheeler Accidents
There are several factors that can contribute to a truck accident, including:
- Dangerous road conditions: Car and truck accidents often result from road conditions such as dangerous curves, obstructed visibility, dangerous drop-offs, unsafe entrance or exit ramps, missing or defective guard rails, and much more. These claims can be more difficult to prove, but our San Antonio truck injury lawyers have the resources and knowledge to follow through.
- Driver Criminal Behavior: When truckers violate the laws that regulate driving a commercial truck, they are putting other drivers at risk of serious injury or death. Speeding, keeping illegal log books to conceal their driving time, driving without the right certifications, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol are often contributing factors in 18 wheeler accidents.
- Employer Negligence: When an accident occurs because a company fails to provide adequate training or maintain safety standards, the truck driver’s employer may be liable for the injuries and damages that result from an accident. For example, federal and state regulations prohibit truck drivers from driving beyond a certain amount of continuous time on the road. When drivers break these rules, and their employers do not manage the drivers properly to know the truck drivers are driving too long, truck drivers can become fatigued on the roadway and drive dangerously because of drowsy or fatigued driving.
- Failure to Maintain Truck: It is the responsibility of commercial trucking companies to ensure that all of their trucks are properly maintained and inspected. If you’ve been injured in an 18 wheeler accident because of poor maintenance of the truck, the company may be held liable.
Truck Accident Injuries
We represent clients suffering from a broad range of injuries sustained in truck accidents, including:
- Brain damage or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Head trauma
- Severe disfigurement
- Spinal cord injury
These life changing injuries can and should be prevented. Motorists have a right to expect people to be safe, and to follow the rules of the road. When truck drivers fail to uphold their responsibilities, we work diligently to hold them accountable for the tragedies they cause.
Get Help With A Truck Accident Lawsuit
Following an accident, truck drivers and their employers will do everything in their power to avoid being held accountable, including failing to produce the black box information found in so many modern 18 wheelers. We will work to ensure you are protected and help you maximize your recovery. Call today for a free case evaluation.