Fernando D. Gireud
San Antonio Attorney
Fernando D. Gireud was born in El Paso, Texas, and graduated from Coronado High School in 2002. He attended the University of Texas – Austin where he majored in Computer Science and graduated in 2007. Afterwards, Fernando attended law school at St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, Texas where he graduated with his J.D. in 2010.
Shortly thereafter, Fernando moved back to his hometown of El Paso, Texas, where he worked for the Domestic Relations Office of El Paso County where he acted as friend of the court and worked on child support enforcement cases. In March 2012, Fernando began working for a firm in El Paso where his focus was on Labor and Employment cases.
Fernando moved back to San Antonio in October of 2012 where he began working for an immigration law firm focusing on deportation proceedings and family based immigration visas. His love of immigration law eventually led to him to partnering with Mr. B. Colin Hobbs in order to combine their passions and experience to provide the best possible representation in the fields of immigration, criminal, and family law.
Outside of work, Fernando is an avid sports fan and will never miss a day to root for his beloved Texas Longhorns.
- 2019 SA Scene Magazine – Top DWI/DUI Defense Lawyers
- 2019 San Antonio Magazine – Top Lawyers
- 2019 SA Scene Magazine – Best Lawyers of 2019
- 2019 Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Star
- 2018 SA Scene Magazine – Best Lawyers of 2018
- 2018 Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Star
- 2017 SA Scene Magazine – Best Lawyers of 2017
- 2017 SA Scene Magazine – San Antonio Top Criminal Defense Lawyers
- 2016 SA Scene Magazine – Best Lawyers of 2016
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas – San Antonio, Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, May 2010
- External Advocacy Program
- St. Mary’s EAP Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition Team, 2009 – 2010;
- EAP Moot Court Team 2008-2009;
- The University of Texas at Austin – Austin, Texas
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science, May 2007
- Eric M. Bernal & Associates, LLC
- Associate Attorney, October 2012 – July 2015
- Mounce, Green, Myers, Safi, Paxson & Galatzan, P.C.
- Associate Attorney, March 2012 – August 2012
- El Paso County Domestic Relations Office
- Staff Attorney, February 2011 – March 2012
- Law Offices of Mitzi Hensley Vaughn, PLLC, San Antonio, Texas
- Research Assistant, January 2010 – May 2010
- St. Mary’s Center for Legal and Social Justice, San Antonio, Texas
- Student Attorney (Civil Justice Clinic), August 2009 – May 2010
- United States Attorney’s Office, Western District of Texas – El Paso Division, El Paso, Texas
- Volunteer Summer Intern, May 2009 – July 2009