Colin Hobbs, San Antonio Attorney
B. Colin Hobbs graduated from Texas A&M University in 2007. He moved to San Antonio for law school and in 2010 he graduated with oral advocacy honors from St. Mary’s School of Law, having received the prestigious “Order of the Barristers” award (given to the top 10 advocates within a graduating class).
He worked as a felony defense attorney in Beaumont, Texas, as a prosecutor for the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office and as a prosecutor for the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office. During this time, he prosecuted misdemeanor and felony cases such as DWI, assault (domestic assault and non-familial), possession of marijuana and other controlled substances, theft crimes, Internet crimes against children, and sexually based offenses.
But San Antonio still felt like home to Mr. Hobbs and he knew that with Fernando Gireud’s experience in child support and immigration cases, the two could create a partnership that met a range of legal needs for clients. Gireud | Hobbs, PLLC, began in 2015.
Outside of work Mr. Hobbs enjoys running, golf and watching his Fighting Texas Aggies whenever possible.
- 2020 San Antonio Magazine – Top Lawyers
- 2020 SA Scene Magazine – Best Lawyers of 2020
- 2020 Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Star
- 2019 San Antonio Magazine – Top Lawyers
- 2019 SA Scene Magazine – Best Lawyers of 2019
- 2018 SA Scene Magazine – Best Lawyers of 2018
- 2017 SA Scene Magazine – Best Lawyers of 2017
- 2016 SA Scene Magazine – Best Lawyers of 2016
- St. Mary’s University School of Law – San Antonio, Texas
- Juris Doctorate, May 2010
- Order of the Barristers
- Board of Advocates – Chairman of the Board
- External Advocacy Program
- Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition Team
- St. Mary’s Negotiations Competition Team
- Texas A & M University – College Station, Texas
- Bachelor of Science – Political Science, May 2007
- Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office • Conroe, Texas • April 2012 – June 2015
- 2 years in a prosecution unit handling solely domestic violence crimes with 9 months spent as the Chief of The Domestic Violence Court.
- 1 year as the sole prosecutor litigating sexually violent predator cases.
- Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office • Beaumont, Texas • May 2011 – April 2012
- Assistant Criminal District Attorney
- Jefferson County Felony Defense Attorney • Beaumont, Texas • January 2011 – May 2011
- Provided legal defense for felony cases including Motions to Revoke Probations, Felony DWI cases, Felony Assault, and Felony Drug Cases.
- Curney, Garcia, Farmer, Pickering and House, P.C. • San Antonio, Texas • June – August 2009
- Insurance Defense Law Clerk
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas •Beaumont, Texas
- Intern for The Honorable Marcia Crone • July – August 2008
- United States Attorney’s Office • Beaumont, Texas • June – July 2008